Verse of the Day

-----------
Friday, March 24, 2006

hiatus

the definition of hiatus, as taken from http://www.reference.com/browse/wiki/Hiatus.

" Hiatus (derives from Latin hiatus, -us, m.: gap; cf. hiare, hio, hiavi (hisco); (χαίνω) έ-χαν-ον, κέχηνα; Old High German ginēn; German 'g䨮en' -> "yawn") is

  1. a linguistic term. It describes a pause between same vowels at the end and the beginning of a word, as in "co'operation".
  2. a gap in geological strata.
  3. a fissure in a bone.
  4. a small difference in pitch between two musical tones, cf. Interval (music)
  5. a temporary pause in such activities as blogging or column writing "

yup. that's I guess what's happening at the moment. it's been 2 weeks since I last posted. and it's only becos it's Friday that I have some free time to spend online. sorry guys about promising to go online on MSN even as I'm here. I do have Internet at home, but it's only connected to my flatmates' com. I don't have a specific line of my own. yah...

anyway, hope things are going well for everyone, if need be, just drop me an email at littlenad@gmail.com, I'll try my best to reply as soon as possible yah. take care everyone! =)

0 Comments