Verse of the Day

-----------
Friday, July 28, 2006

to be a leader...

hmm...got this off my G12 leader, Jess' blog. thank you so much for believing in me...

Leaders and leaders-to-be, I pray that this inspires you to the very core of your being:

If I cast vision with the tongues of men and angels,
But lead without the love of God at my core,
I am ringing cell phone or worse, a clamoring vacuous corporate type.

If I have the gift of leadership and can provide direction, build teams and set goals,
But fail to exhibit Christ-like kindness or give Christ the credit for my accomplishments,
In the eyes of God, all my achievements count for nothing.

If I give my salary to the poor, my reserved parking space in the church lot for a summer intern,
But neglect to relate and work in a manner worthy of the one whose name I bear,
In the final analysis, it all counts for precisely nothing.

A close, humble walk with Christ never fails. It strengthens the heart, redirects the will, restrains the ego, and purifies the motives.

It never fails.

When I was a young leader, independent and too busy to pray,
I blew stuff up and wounded every third person I led.
But now that I am mature and have left my childish ways…I do that somewhat less!

And now these three remain:
The faith to follow God boldly,
The hope to press on even when my heart is breaking,
And the love to enrich the hearts of all those I lead.

But the greatest of these is love – the love that only comes from a quiet, close, daily walk with Christ.

- Bill Hybels in Courageous Leadership-

hmm...so many things have been happening to so many people...they're almost all feeling quite down. and I've only realised it after reading their blogs. hmm...it seems like I went through what I considered "a tough time", but it doesn't seem to compare with what others feel.

I want to help others so much.
but what can I do???

to you all who are going through a rough patch...my heart aches for you.

all I can do is to pray for you.
pray that you will know God is with you.
pray that He will help you through this.
pray that you will see the light.
praying...

take care.

0 Comments