Verse of the Day

-----------
Sunday, August 10, 2008

narration.

so it's been a while since I was here. quite a number of things happened.

firstly, Saturday (9th August 2008) was Singapore's National Day...Happy 43rd Birthday Singapore! =) unfortunately, I got home quite late and by the time I went online to watch the webcast, all I saw was Mr President driving off...which I thought was rather amusing cos I did make an effort but was too late. heh.

then on Fri night (Sat morning 12am in NZ), it was the opening ceremony of the Beijing 2008 Olympics. very impressive show, I must say, really well done! I stayed up semi-awake till 5am for the lighting of the torch, was awake till the Singapore and NZ teams walked in, then snoozed till a bit later. but it was worth it. =) and really, with the 08/08/08 thing...and 8pm...it just gives things for pple to talk about, ah well.

before that Fri morning gave my Cardio-Resp Project Presentation. and I went first, which I've been doing for a while. since I think the stay at the marae at the start of this year, when I sat with the Maori tutors/lecturers to have lunch and they encouraged me to go first for the role-play...which I surprisingly did, though my heart was beating like crazy. haha. went first for the Gen Med presentation previously too. was quite nervous, but think I passed. =)

Thurs afternoon had our Pathology OSCE. and I think that went quite well actually, considering how much sleep I had the night before that - none. =S was working on the presentation powerpoint which was due on that day too. worked all night, wasn't tired somehow, just kept doing and doing until 10am, went to the hospital to hand it in, then came back to take an hour's nap. terrible...but I survived. so tired though that was supposed to prepare my presentation on Thurs night, I took a "nap" at 7pm, ended up waking up at 4am. =) so went through my speech and preparation for the presentation then.

spent the whole of Wednesday afternoon in the Pathology museum studying for the OSCE. took an extended break in the evening, then back to the museum from 8.30pm till around 12am. haha...all the last min work! really really glad I finished my long case LONG ago! spent quite a lot of time on it previously but yah, glad I got it over and done with before everything else piled on top of it.

Tues had the Cardio-Resp OSCE. my first station was a rest station. =S 15mins of walking around, cos I got bored sitting still. then Cardio exam, which went ok I think. next was use of GTN spray and explanation of angina, and I think that went well too. last was Resp history, which I did badly in, cos I didn't have practice, and also, I didn't know what I was supposed to ask somehow! I hope I passed! and after the practical, we had our written exam, which wasn't too bad. just waiting for results now...(stayed up till 4am on 7th floor studying on Mon night...that was crazy.)

and before that...everything's quite hazy. just that I should learn not to do so much last min work...very stressful! well, lack of sleep is the main thing. and didn't have time to go on the wards in the last week either. oh well. most importantly should pass the exam! wards is just for experience, which I had some, not enough though, only 2 weeks each in Cardio and Resp...mmm. anyway.


TODAY was good. church was good. God is good. GOOD. =)

He loves me, He loves me, He loves me.
that's all that matters.
I'm worth what He values me, which is priceless.

I want to know God more, not just know about Him.

He hides, waiting to be found.
connect with Him...

He is ever-faithful.
He loves me.
I want to love Him more.


see the world in shades of gray.
black and white.

0 Comments