goes a long way...
I was on my way out of the mall this evening when I looked in the distance and saw another bicycle parked in the lot next to mine (yes bikes have parking lots too). crossing the road, I buckled my helmet and approached my vehicle, noticing that it was "trapped" under the other bike. my heart sank as I unlocked my bicycle, contemplating how I was going to get it out.
I tried to lift it out the normal way, but that did nothing. eventually decided to try going around to the front to get it out, and with some difficulty, I managed to extract my bicycle from the tangled brake wires.
standing at the front meant that I couldn't control my bike after I freed it, because I had to put the other bike back in its lot. so what happened was I leaned it towards the right on another bicycle, but it reversed itself and fell on the floor.
OH NO, I thought, I hope it doesn't scratch the car behind!
just as I was rearranging the offending bicycle, along came this elderly gentleman (in his 70s I think) pushing his shopping trolley of groceries. he said something and proceeded to bend down and pick my bike up for me (!!!).
I hastily went back around to my bicycle and took it from him, thanking him for his help. I was so grateful! after which he went on his way, and with his slowed pace pushed the trolley to where his car was (I think).
I was surprised by this. I really was.
1. he's a stranger.
2. he's an ELDERLY gentleman.
3. he BENT DOWN to pick up my bike.
4. I didn't ask for help.
5. he was pushing his trolley of stuff.
but it made my evening. =)
and also a good break from the depressing side of hospital work...
expect the unexpected.
Verse of the Day
-----------
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
-nat- says:
if this was FB, i'd have LIKED it a million times! :D
did i make a same comment in another post before? HMMM. cant rem. OH WELL! :) likelikelikelikelike! :D
July 30, 2010 7:40 am