Verse of the Day

-----------
Tuesday, October 12, 2010

of trainee interns and mental hospitals...

there's a thing about these 2...

as TIs, you are appreciated. everything you do...people thank you for helping out. and you get praised too for taking the initiative. if you're onto things, the consultants/registrars/house surgeons are surprised and compliment you...

and in mental health, I must've impressed my consultants too. they are happy with my performance. and though I'm not expected to do much, they mentioned that I am even better than my house surgeon sometimes! apart from the fact that I can't and don't know how to manage patients' mental health problems, but I can scribe! and chart drugs to be signed off...

but I wonder what it's going to be like once I become a house surgeon, to actually be PAID to do this work. probably don't get thanked for doing what is supposed to be my job. no one to say "wow, you've done such an awesome job!"

so now to make the most of being a Trainee Intern...

0 Comments