Verse of the Day

-----------
Monday, August 01, 2011

July has gone.

it's the first of August. how time flies. or more that the days go by just like that. day in, day out, almost doing the same thing everyday. I'm not complaining - it's been a "down" time recently as both my consultants have been away. most days just blur into one, with no vivid memories that I recall.

just did a weekend in Orthopaedics. it wasn't busy as such, in terms of having to juggle ward calls and admissions from ED. from the admission aspect it was really good actually. the registrars were great and did the full examination and even charted the medications! really really thankful for that. there weren't a lot of jobs on the wards to do either. only thing is, the few that I got weren't exactly simple. won't and don't think it's appropriate to elaborate here (who knows who reads this), let's just say it was complex and needed further input.

however, because I saw these patients over the weekend and my team was pretty quiet, I helped out with the other teams and also checked up on those I saw on the weekend. one had been seen overnight with ongoing problems, one appeared to be better and one was looking much worse than before. which made me wonder, did I do the right thing, what else should I have done and what could I do better next time? how would I find out the answers?

I feel that maybe if I did things a bit differently, it wouldn't be like this today. maybe I could have prevented it. maybe it could have been treated earlier. I am so unsure...

anyway, it's time to hit the sack...enough thinking for one day (and weekend)...

0 Comments