Verse of the Day

-----------
Thursday, May 01, 2008

doors.

I wonder how I missed that.

it was blatantly obvious.

tonight God opened the doors for me to talk about Him.

but I just didn't see it.

how could I not have seen?

do I proclaim that I follow Him yet not share about Him?

how could I not have picked it up?

she asked which church I went to.

I replied saying it was one in town.

and that was it.

I should have asked more.

I should have.

why didn't I?

maybe it's just not a habit.

or maybe it's just being afraid of what they'll think.

why?

and the little one.

she picked up the pair of chopsticks and made a cross.

and she said, "Jesus", and smiled.

and what did I do?

I was so quick to reprimand her.

told her not to play with her chopsticks.

and I only just met her.

how could I not have explored it further?

why did I not prod a bit more?

is it because everyone else was watching me?

why was I so afraid?

how can I really say I want to share the good news?

I don't want to offend anyone.

but it's a matter of life and death.

that's what I believe, isn't it?

or maybe they already know about God.

and they might even go to church.

who knows?

I won't.

cos I never asked.

how can I go on knowing that I missed this chance???

the doors are open...
please don't shut it...
God, please help me to be more receptive to you. there has been so many times I get back home and think, I could have shared about you with others at that time, but I didn't. please help me to take away the fear of what others will think about me, because none of that matters. I only have this one life to live, and I want to live it to the fullest, fulfilling what I am called to do. I really don't want to be so concerned about what the world thinks of me. I don't want to be the goody-two-shoes and please everyone, but YOU are the only one I seek to gain approval from. I want to be called righteous. thank You for Your grace and mercy to forgive me even though I missed these chances. I ask that You will keep giving me more of these opportunities to share about You, and give me the courage to speak out. thank You so much. in Jesus' name I pray, Amen.

0 Comments