I've realised that many people think medical students know quite a lot of medical stuff. since I've gotten into medical school, it seems like there are times when I meet someone new, and after a brief introduction and getting to know that I'm doing Medicine, I've been asked about medical conditions and stuff. and also just by people whom I've known for some time. YET many a times I can't answer their questions. and what do I say? "if it worries you, you should see a doctor to get it checked out." that's the best I can offer unfortunately.
and other times people seem to ask questions about medical stuff and then not seem to care about my answer. it's like, talking to a 'medical' person, you tend to raise medical problems or things to do with your health and what-not. it's something that's not very unusual though. for example if you're talking to someone who's into music, you might veer towards chatting about music-related stuff. or like law, in which I can have a chat to someone about medico-legal or ethical issues. it's just something in common to talk about maybe? thing I find annoying though, is when you ask and not care what I have to offer. I might have a bit of information...but yeah, it's just the intention of asking the question that matters I guess.
anyway.
how do you treat the problem of lack of motivation? I've got:
(1) a patient report to write up that so far I'm only halfway through and it's due next Fri;
(2) a clinical question project that I've barely started on which is due next Fri as well;
(3) a presentation about the project that I've got to do next Wed;
(4) an assessment of the shoulder and knee joint examination (OSCE) next Thurs which I have yet to get together with a classmate to practice on each other;
(5) a written test next Fri about the stuff from tutorial sessions I've had during the GP run on - upper respiratory tract infection, dyspepsia, irritable bowel syndrome, urinary tract infection, headache, low back pain, cardiovascular risk and eczema;
(6) last but not least, a pathology OSCE next Thurs on the anatomical pathology tutorials I've had for both the HCE and GP runs.
so many things on next week!!!
thankfully the microbiology exam is on the following Thurs...
I think that should motivate me...............
anyway.
came across these photos while looking through my ENTIRE collection for photos of Ah Ma and Ah Gong!
Highschool G12 2005.
Highschool G12 Reunion/Vivos & Zoe 2006.
Vivos & Zoe 2007.
it seems like ages ago!!! but I'd say those were good memories...=)
ANYWAY.
I really should get back to work. ugh so many distractions. everything will be fine once I get into the swing of things...not too late yet, there's still time. but better do it now than wait till last minute, which it almost already is. however...
SMILE!!!
DON'T STRESS!!! I'll be fine. you'll be fine too. =)
0 Comments
Post a Comment