different pple said different things when I went down, one of it was about how I looked. haha. it was interesting to hear what pple thought. and also, it was nice to know that I made an impact on the lives of at least some pple during the time that I was in Dunedin. I think lots of things have changed this year, in terms of Elim International Network and service and stuff, almost half the pple are new as well, but it's really nice to know that I am missed at times I guess. it makes me both happy and sad at the same time. a part of me is glad that I left, but another part wonders what it'll be like if I stayed...hmm.
but I was happy this weekend. =)
my emotional love tank was filled up. =)
thank you guys for all the hugs. =)
I love you all too. =)
back to class tmr, it's Clinical Skills Week so won't be going to my GP except for Fri cos I arranged an extra session out in Rangiora (don't ask me why and I'm not sure if I'm sorta allowed to but I did). should start writing up my patient report and also start researching my clinical question. I don't quite want to leave it all the way till the end and start panicking. and oh, I need to practice the shoulder and knee examination for the OSCE too. wow, so many things to do...technically, all of these are only due on the last week of this run, which is the week of 5th May. but it's always better to start early, isn't it? yah.
to be honest, I kinda felt a bit down on the drive back to Christchurch. it was almost as though I dreaded coming back...cos of many reasons. I left lots of sad (and happy) memories in Dunedin when I first came up to Christchurch, but now that I've been here for 2 months, there are fresh sad memories (I know it's actually quite surprising how I can get hurt even over such a short period of time) which I don't want to return to, becos they're still raw and tender. the thought now crosses my mind, maybe I should be like a gypsy, never staying in one place for too long. I'll be forming new memories all the time, cos the old memories are sometimes sad and they hurt, and it's easier to leave them behind and physically move away so as to help move on...so should I be a wanderer? I wonder.
anyway, Daylight Savings just ended on Sat night/Sun morning. so now I'm 4 hours behind Singapore time, and New Zealand is GMT +12:00. which reminds me, I should call home soon...and rest early. haven't had much sleep over the weekend, after all the excitement. yah. right, will leave a photo of my trip down before I sign off.
at Tomahawk Beach, Dunedin.

guess I'm still a Dunedin girl at heart...
0 Comments
Post a Comment