ok, so I just did a search of the posts I had the word "stress" that were in the past entries. the results were:
2010: nil of note (until now...)
2009: 14
2008: 10
2007: 7
2006: 2 (!!!)
2005: 15 (from JULY-OCT!!!)
so an analysis would be:
2010: Jan-end Feb was on TI electives. stress? huh? 6 weeks of Surgery after that. MAYBE THAT'S WHY I'M STRESSED NOW.
2009: 5th year exams were looming, I suppose it's natural to be stressed? plus the runs were harder after all that year. and all that even though I thought I played more games in 5th year than the year before!
2008: just started 4th year, maybe a bit stressed, what with moving cities, having to make new friends, learning the hierarchy of the hospital system, etc. tried (too hard) to be a diligent 4th year, maybe I should've played harder that year...!
2007: ok, just a little bit of stress from the 3rd year exams? that and having to consider leaving Dunners back then. oh boy was it stressful. can't remember what else I was stressed about?
2006: WOW AMAZING STRESS-FREE YEAR! managed to make it into Medicine and was a newbie 2nd year student. must've enjoyed that year. no stress? or maybe I didn't mention it?
2005: CRAZY STRESS!!! as predicted, I suppose the stress here made up for the stress-free year following that. Health Sciences First Year huh? that was AGES ago...and I really worked hard back then, I think. or maybe I wrote a lot more about my daily stressful (or so I thought) life when I first started this blog? haha. who knows?
anyway, I wasn't going to talk about that...
I am just thinking why I chose this profession? I don't deal very well with stress (almost had a nervous breakdown today over a tiny thing) and Medicine as a career is constantly a stressful one. you get put into stressful positions everyday, and everything you do/don't do can make you feel stressed.
honestly wonder why I chose Medicine. and it's not the first time.
or maybe I just need to learn a better way to deal with stress? find a stress relief method apart from being upset and breaking down in front of other people. how embarrassing.
ah well.
for now, stress. stress. stress.
wonder how many times I used the word "stress" in this entry?!?!?
Verse of the Day
-----------
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Me says:
Maybe its just me but medicine is damn slack where i am right now.
April 06, 2010 6:47 pm
nadia says:
but...you made it THROUGH medicine......
April 11, 2010 10:13 am
-nat- says:
wahahaha
you juz bumped up your record on the number of times you said stress for the whole of 2010 :p
April 11, 2010 4:32 pm