Verse of the Day

-----------
Sunday, October 09, 2011

fun-loving?

one of my friends, B, mentioned something to me today which made me think. B said that he always thought that I was a very serious/prim and proper person. it was only after the events of yesterday that made him see that I had a fun side to me.

that gave me a "shock", yet in a way I was not surprised either. I'm not really the same person I was those years ago when I was in Dunedin. things and circumstances have changed so much, and I have assimilated into them.

back then I was a "shy" person when I first arrived in NZ. slowly I learnt how to socialise and made new friends, especially in Elim International. but I had to leave Dunedin. and things I guess went downhill from there. Christchurch was "okay", and I did enjoy my time with my last lot of flatmates, not so much church friends. and now moving to Hamilton, things changed again...

I suppose that doesn't make it an excuse as to why I have become such a serious person. maybe I thought that I must "grow up" and that means having to be "mature"? or just that there hasn't been opportunities to show how "fun" I can be? who knows. people who don't know me get an impression that I am "boring"...oh well.

anyway...

in other news, it's October already. realised with a shudder yesterday that I had actually gone through 6 weeks of General Medicine (!). it went by so fast. another 7 weeks to go then this run is over. wow. going to keep working hard I guess. apart from work, life's alright...

looking forward to my annual leave soon...

0 Comments