Verse of the Day

-----------
Sunday, July 31, 2005

sad moments.

hmm...had quite an unproductive weekend. enjoyed just a bit of it though, becos of the 2 parties. I realise I seldom go out...which can be a good thing or a bad thing. it's not that bad now that I hang out quite a bit with homegroup pple and I go out more often, though not like everyday, but more frequently. well...less going-out time means that I have more time for other things, but mostly the time 'gained' is wasted, so what's the point. anyhow, I can't really be bothered about it anymore. I just need to know my limits, the other things, why waste my brain cells thinking about it...

ok, I guess you're wondering about the title. there's not much to say. talking about time...well, I gained something from using it to read a book. it's not some famous book or anything, it's called "Never Change" by Elizabeth Berg. although a glance at the exerpt might make the book seem like just another romance novel, but there's so much more meaning. what I got out of it was that life is just so short. I guess many of you all would've received at least one email before about how you should tell your loved ones how you feel when you still have the chance to...like right now. this book just makes it seems so...real. a middle-aged man dying from cancer is reunited with his high-school-mate who also happened to be his nurse, and he confesses his love for her before he dies. it's just so sad. why the world is filled with so much sadness and suffering. although it's just a fictional story, I get caught up so easily in it. I can't stop myself from feeling what the author's trying to express. hmm...makes me feel like I should use whatever time I have in my life to do things to the best of my ability. life's just too short to have any regrets...

alright. it's not going to be a long entry cos it's late already and I've got class tomorrow. yup...that's it. brand new day starting in 2 hours...

"I don't regret anything that's happened, I hope you don't too..."

0 Comments