Verse of the Day

-----------
Thursday, January 12, 2006

rain, rain, go away.

it's another rainy day today, just like the past 3 days. it's kind of gloomy...as in, the sky is dark and all though it's daytime. but I don't feel that way, no point letting my surroundings affect me. hmm...helped my grandma clean the decorative ornaments this afternoon, and though I tried to be as careful as I could, I still managed to break off the whiskers and feelers of a dragon, and the leg of a tiger. oops. and my 'experiment' with super glue wasn't that fantastic either. =X sorry to the poor things, I really didn't mean to make you look full of cracks even after you've been mended. oops. yah...that's the start of my spring-cleaning routine...now for my room...

well, I haven't got much else to say, so I shall post up some entries that my friends have written on their blogs (with their permission). here goes:

taken from Gayeong's blog, entry on Dec 30,
http://lilsunflowersings.blogspot.com:
(some emphasis added)

" whenever some left, i was always so hurt and devastated.
i would break down and cry as if there's no tomorrow.
i would blame those who left,
and hate them for leaving.

but over the years of healing,
i've come to learn that
not all flowers bloom...
not all flowers bloom...

it's alright that you left.
i'm glad you came to visit me anyway.
you taught me to be strong.
and thanks to you, i am now strong.

i'll always keep those memories of us.
the bittersweet memories of us.
i wish you'll keep me in your memories too.
this is the only thing i ask of you.

it's time we both realise that our path is separate.
you go your way, i will not follow.
i will not follow, not anymore.
goodbye, my friend. "

hmm...Gayeong's a good friend of mine. and she's gonna leave on Sat!!! going back to Korea to study in uni. man...I'm really gonna miss her when she's gone. we're not that close but I feel that we bond quite well. ok, maybe it's just her, she's very friendly and open, anybody would take to her almost immediately. oh, just a little note, she was the prom queen for the 2005 TJ prom. =) wow. adorable, lovable, huggable. really going to miss her...such a sweet friend.

taken from Jer's blog, entry on Dec 18,
http://simplyjoyful.blogspot.com:
(some emphasis added)

" Eagles are the most long-lived bird in the world.

By the time they reach 40 years old, their claws will start to age, losing their effectiveness, and make it hard for them to catch prey. The lifespan of an eagle is up to 70 years old, but, in order to live this long, the eagle must make the toughest decision at 40. See, it's beak becomes so long and curvy that it reaches the eagle's chest. It's wings, full of long, thickened feathers, are too heavy for easy flying. The eagle is left with 2 choices: do nothing and await death, or go through a painful period of transformation and renewal.

For 150 days, the eagle first trains itself to fly beyond the high mountains, build and live in it's nest, and cease all flying activities. It then begins to knock it's beak against granite rocks until it is completely removed. When a new beak is grown, the eagle will use it to remove all it's old claws and await quietly for new ones to be fully-grown. When the new claws are fully grown, the eagle will use them to remove all it's feathers, one by one.

Five months later, when it's new feathers are fully grown, it will soar in the sky again with renewed strength and be able to live for the next 30 years.

In life, as an individual, in a ministry, even in an organization, sometimes, we have to learn to make difficult decisions so as to make room for changes. Changes bring about renewal. And the only way to soar again is to let go of old ways, old habits, and old lives. For as long as we are not prepared to put aside our old baggage -- past glory or shame, past success or failure -- be willing to become zero, with an empty cup mentality, we will NOT be able to discover our potential and head toward a renewed perspective in any aspect of our lives.

But I am also reminded of Isaiah 40:31: "But they who wait for the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint."

I used to wonder why the Lord would associate those who wait upon God with the eagle and not with other birds like peacocks, chickens, or turkeys. It is only when I read this that I know -- God has intended that we should soar on wings like eagles, run and not be weary, walk and not faint. But this could only be possible when we hope and wait in God to renew our strength and that we be prepared to be molded all over again -- be zero again, be still again, be quiet again. This process and the journey of renewal will be painful and will require an attitude of 5 words:

I WANT-- I AM WILLING.

Finally, be bold, be strong, and soar like an eagle -- for the Lord your God is with you. "

this post really struck me when I read it. it's amazing. and it was written on my birthday. I only read it a few days ago...but it still touched me a lot. and the things Jer posted, is so much like what Pastor Kong talked about during the last service of 2005. WOW. it's got my favourite verse in it too. =) SOAR AS EAGLES. hmm...why I like that verse, partly it's becos of my sec sch. but yeah, it's a really encouraging verse. yup.

alright, guess that's it from me now.

2 Comments


  1. Anonymous

    yea, it's really such an amazing post. God created ALL things so beautiful.

    January 12, 2006 8:14 pm

  2. nadia says:

    I just read Ecclesiastes yesterday...=)
    [Ecc 3:11]
    "He has made everything beautiful in its time."
    it's like in your journal entry too. the one on the 10th. we're all wonderful creations of God! =)

    -nad-

    January 12, 2006 9:55 pm