"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented and fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small doesn't serve the world. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others. "
- Quoted in movie "Coach Carter", originally in Return to Love by Marianne Williamson (often mistakenly attributed to Nelson Mandela)
---
WOW. last night's GET AMPED (previously known as GetSmart Nights of Fire), I was reminded of this, and well...I personally thought that Coach Carter was a really inspiring movie, and this quote was something I wanted to write down/keep/share after I watched it, just that I didn't, till now. hmm. but isn't it true? think about it for a moment...we are LIGHTS and we're meant to SHINE! we are POWERFUL! and that's becos we are CHILDREN OF GOD!!! doesn't that make you glad you can call God your daddy? I am!
oh, an aside, I signed up to go for the Get Smart conference 2008 in Christchurch. =)
http://www.getsmart.org.nz/multimedia/view/11/EvtEventHappening/24/
anyway, today was a good day. thank you for making life a better place to live in for a while. =) for a moment I could forget about everything else, and just enjoy...life. it may not be much, but hey, that was enough, enough for me now. I'll take what I can get. I'll give what I can give. I really appreciate it. and I guess I will leave things as they are, I don't want to spoil this. =)
okie, it's time to go off for music practice...it's time to serve my beloved King.
0 Comments
Post a Comment