first one...(it's quite a bit of er...nonsense so don't have to read through all that. haha.)
Application for admission as Special Clinical Student:
1. Applicant's Particulars
Name: Miss Nadia Wong
etc...etc...
2. Background of Medical Education
Medical school: University of Otago, Christchurch
etc...etc...
Current study yr: 5
Election (what?!) yr: 6
Date of qualification: 11/12/2010 (I think that's GRADUATION DAY!!!)
Medical Experience:
4th Year: 6 5-week attachments of:
1.Surgery/Oncology
2.Surgery/Gastroenterology
3.General Practice
4.Health Care of the Elderly
5.Cardiorespiratory
6.General Medicine
5th Year: 6 5-week attachments of:
1.Neurosensory
2.Psychological Medicine
3.Public Health/Alcohol and Addiction/Critical Care (my current "cruisey" run...)
4.Musculoskeletal
5.Obstetrics & Gynaecology
6.Paediatrics
3. Proposed Elective Positions
Attendance: 18/1/2010 to 26/2/2010
No. of weeks: 6
Choice 1/2/3 preference: Anaesthesia, NUH/CGH/AH (need to give a few choices in case don't have vacancies...)
Choice 1/2/3 weeks: 3
Choice 1/2/3 dates: 18/1/2010 to 5/2/2010
Choice 4 preference: Medicine, NUH (thought doing some Gen Med might come in handy...)
Choice 4 weeks: 3
Choice 4 dates: 8/2/2010 to 26/2/2010
realised that I have so many other documents to send by POST before they'll even process my application. what...hopefully I can even get it, if not...haha.
then emailed ROSE Charities to organise my other half of electives in Cambodia. yes you heard that right. I am planning to go to CAMBODIA! =)
ROSE Charities Medical Electives
Student Feedback on ROSE Electives
so yeah...hopefully things will work out! suddenly feel so excited about electives even though it's 6 months away. =D
anyway...
late start tomorrow. finally don't have to wake up at 6am. =) must make the most of my relaxing time eh...
the rational side of me tells me that I conjure things up in my mind. these thoughts and fantasies...I don't ever make things simple, do I? hmm...
Verse of the Day
-----------
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
-nat- says:
WELCOME TO THE WORLD OF COGNITIVE PSYCHOLOGY! where it's all about the mental process on your thoughts, feelings and emotions! WOOTS!
hopefully your electives will work out! you've FINALLY done it :p
June 11, 2009 9:49 am
nadia says:
haha yes I've applied for it, but still have some things to do before can confirm. you can so tell how I'm procrastinating...HEH. and the NUS site decided to change their applications to at least 6 months in advance in order to be eligible for consideration just yesterday. the day before it was 3 months in advance...=S
June 11, 2009 11:38 am
12uth says:
haha...reminds me of my time last year planning my electives. What fun that turned out to be in the end. :) Hope your Cambodia one turns out well. How exciting!!! I wish I could go on another elective!
June 11, 2009 5:27 pm
nadia says:
ruthie! =) heh. yeah...have procrastinated for SO LONG until I finally decided to get it done! am looking forward to it, though still awaiting confirmation! hope you're doing well!
June 11, 2009 6:38 pm
-nat- says:
O.o den how?! you'll still be eligible to apply right?? HMMM! see la you! faster get it done! you got nothing to do!! x)
June 13, 2009 1:46 pm
nadia says:
applied already...sent the letter out. will await reply...
June 13, 2009 8:34 pm
-nat- says:
haha! totally hate the waiting part! :p
June 14, 2009 11:35 am