Verse of the Day

-----------
Wednesday, August 19, 2009

of walls and doors.

he stood in the middle of the dark path, motionless.
he could see the bright lights in the distance, coming closer by the second.
yet as he looked into the flashing brightness he couldn't move.
it was as though he was gripped by a sudden paralysis.

blood coursed through his veins, his heart was thumping hard.
time was running out as it approached him.
memories started playing out rapidly in his mind, making him dizzy.
the oncoming lights drew nearer till it was just inches away from him...


the duck quacked, spread its wings and took flight as I zoomed past on my bike.

---

I've noticed a decline in my level of self-discipline. laziness and procrastination have taken over most of what's there. in all aspects of my life. I've allowed it to happen. and there are consequences of that.

what am I going to do about it?

I've been building walls up for quite some time now. I reckon it's for my own sake. I keep trying to build bridges to specific others too. I knock on their windows but the glass somehow shatters in my face. the shards of broken glass hurt my eyes.

why am I looking for an open door?

the greatest need for humans is love.

what do you think?

0 Comments