Verse of the Day

-----------
Thursday, February 16, 2006

sun, sun, and more sun!

I think I'm burnt. haha...it's ok though, once summer is over then it's gonna be cold, and not much sun. can't complain much. hmm...went over to somewhere near St Kilda's beach, had a NZ Army demonstration. they're trying to recruit more medics/medical officers so yeah, all of us 2nd yr Med students managed to get a taste of what the army pple do. that includes carrying a rifle, marching, and even PT. haha...and I just realised that I'm kinda unfit. oops. I really need to go to the gym...

last night had this ball thingy at Larnach Castle, I did dress up for it, but hmm...all the clothes were not mine. haha. at least I had someone whom I could borrow from, so yes, thank you Mei Ting. =) it was very much appreciated. yah. but both of us left on the 9pm bus, didn't feel like staying till 12am when everyone was going home. I felt kinda inappropriate for me to stay on too. it seemed like almost everyone there had at least had a drink or two...I just don't fit into that kind of scene. alcohol consumption just doesn't appeal to me, not wine, not beer. well...I guess I belong to the minority who do Med for the reason that "I just want to help". pple laughed when the professor said that, I didn't and couldn't. but whatever the reason, I believe that I am here not by chance. though we might be different, right now all of us in Med Sch are there with one purpose, and I look forward to the years ahead.

I guess I have turned this blog back into a daily thing, about my normal life. nothing much to read about, nothing special, nothing important. just a record of what I think, how I feel, and the stuff that I've experienced etc. guess it isn't so interesting anymore. hmm...take care you guys back home in SG, have a great weekend ahead.

sometimes the things I see can't be put away in the far recesses of my mind, it just doesn't work this way. what can I do to stop this from happening to me? why can't things be the way they're meant to be? I just don't understand...

0 Comments