this was the email I sent to everyone involved in WTP...
----------
HEY PEOPLE!!!
as of today, Monday 16th July, we only have
12 more days till "What's the Point? 2. Who Cares."!!!
it's time to start getting everything together and working as a TEAM as we reach out to the city of Dunedin! and the most important part where we gather together is in the area of prayer, so do make the effort to come for prayer meetings! it's as follows:
WTP PRAYER MEETING
MON-WED 7-8PM
THURS-FRI 6-7PM
ELIM CHRISTIAN CENTRE
VISITORS' LOUNGE/MTC ROOM
so what YOU as a part of this team can do, is to pray for WTP in your own time! and some of the things you can pray for are:
- pray for us that we are doing what God wants us to do,
- pray for the auditorium to be filled with mostly international students who are non-Christians,
- pray for the message of God's love to be shared effectively through the event,
- pray for the people involved in the performance (the drama, dance, mime, mini skit and music),
- pray for the people involved in backstage work as well as sound and lights,
- pray for the leaders heading each of the on-stage and off-stage teams,
- pray for the friendliness of the ushers/people in the hospitality team,
- pray for the preparation of good food and an even better service by our food team,
- pray for the lifegroup boards that are in the process of being made,
- pray for the welcome packs that will be given out to the people,
- pray for the posters/flyers/banner going out on campus and around the city,
- pray for the chalking team who will be getting to work nearer the event,
- pray for Uncle Then to be able to deliver his message well,
- pray for people to be saved on the night,
- pray for the ministry team to be ready,
- pray for US to be ready,
- pray for the new believers that we will be able to accommodate them,
- pray for relationships not to be strained as we draw nearer the date of the event,
- pray for us to have humble hearts and give all the glory to God,
- and lastly, pray for everything and anything that you can think of that I haven't thought of!
there's many things to pray for...add in every little detail and the list will go on and on! I would encourage you to come for the daily prayer meetings, but if you really can't make it everyday, we'd appreciate every prayer that you say. we need all the support we can get! and even if you're not good at praying, just come for the prayer meetings - come and AGREE with us!
so...
In His love,
Nadia
*smile!*
"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son,
that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life."
-John 3:16 (New International Version)
hmm. honestly I want to be the person I sound like in the email. I really do. and I'm determined to work towards that goal. yeah I know it sounds quite strange really. but like I mentioned before, is what I say and do the same thing? at the moment, there's still some variability...I want to get rid of that. and I know I CAN DO IT.
just keep praying...
0 Comments
Post a Comment