Verse of the Day

-----------
Wednesday, April 25, 2007

happiness is a good feeling!

it's time for another update! haha...being 'told off' for not blogging. =P and again, I'll let the pictures do most of the talking. heh. I so love taking photos, it's just about crazy. did you know that? I bet you did. hahaha...

the exhibition pple 'hard at work'...
me littering!?! S'pore Exposé was a success! if I would say so myself. =) it was good, and I think all the work put in by everyone paid off. THANK YOU to every single person who made the event what it was! from the people acting and dancing and the emcees, to the backstage people, to those who did lights and sound, to the ushers and reception people, to the people who helped out with cooking and preparing the food, and last but not least, to the exhibition people. hope I didn't miss out anyone! it's a nice feeling to be part of something that turns out really good. =) hee.

one of our masterpieces: the Merlion!
whose mouth is bigger? =P ok so I wasn't the one who drew the Merlion, but I helped to paint and stick it on the cardboard! haha. =) we had fun, I'd say. on looking back. though we were quite 'stressed' when meeting up to do drawings and paintings. lack of time was one thing...but I'm so proud of everyone in the exhibition team! all the efforts put in before the actual event, planning out, doing stuff. man, it was tough. but WE DID IT! =D yayness!!!

our wonderful OSC dancers!
ooh. look at all the chio bu's!our OSC girls did a great job that night!!! love ya girls! love your dancing! wish I could dance like that. =P well, yeah, a bit, but not really I think. haha. I'm more of a back-stage or behind-the-scenes girl, not so much an on-stage person really. heh. BUT I think that's slowly starting to change, seeing how I'm part of the worship team on stage at International Service...and hmm...I'm starting to not get stage fright that often I think. haha. we'll see how that goes!

3rd year Med students! =D
spice up your lives!and here's a photo just cos. =P S'porean Med students. haha. and can you believe it, we're all international students? as in, we're paying exorbitant fees. hahaha. ok that doesn't imply anything but yeah. I'm really gonna treasure whatever's left of this year, becos we're splitting up next year! I think we're all going to different places...which is sad! =( ah wells. what to do? I'm just glad I got to make such good country-mates in NZ! =) I love you girls!!!

backstage work...
hectic but hey it's fun!anyways, like I was saying, I prefer backstage work, which was what I did. =) rushing around, haha, not really. but yeah. I really admire our actors, cos we only went through the whole script a few times the night before, and earlier on in the day. but the actual show was awesome! the audience liked it...so yes, although I didn't get to watch the skit, it must've gone well! esp our main actors, Jo and Hans, great job guys! the other actors too, well done!!!

spot the Singaporean! =P
do WE all look alike?there were heaps of pple at the exhibition cum food area after the show. heh. so crowded! and if you've been with me for a while you know that I don't like crowds. haha. so yeah. have to get used to it I guess. so I was running around, taking random photos. it was all good. =) I'm learning to not be shy to go up to pple to take photos! hee. anyways, about this photo. they say Kim is a cross between Robyn and me...is that true? haha. I don't think so, not in this photo...but somehow these 2 beautiful girls look somewhat like me. =) must be a Singaporean thing...maybe. whatever it is, I love my sisters!!! =D

another of our masterpieces...HDB estate!
larger-than-life playground! heh.this idea came up quite last minute, to do a model of a "Proposed HDB Estate", like how they usually have models for such things in S'pore. heh. and so we were happily making the HDB blocks, and I did the playground!!! haha. using toothpicks. it's like going back to Pri sch, making models with simple materials! it was FUN! =D haha. I didn't stay for the completion of the masterpiece, but yeah, it looks GOOD. heh. great job everyone!

the people who made S'pore Exposé possible...
rock on everyone!!!and a last photo from S'pore Exposé, just some of the pple who made the event a success! our event was for a good cause, fundraising for CanTeen. so yeah. I'm quite glad that we could help out in this way. and I think most of us will remember this event for quite some time to come! it's a landmark in the history of the Otago Singapore Club, and I guess it kinda sets the standard for more events that are yet to come! =) once again, THANK YOU EVERYONE!!!

anyways. now that S'pore Exposé is over, I can concentrate on studying. my hols were basically not much of a hol, but yeah. I left my 2 CAL tests to do this week, which I did, one on Mon, and one yest. and I passed both on the the first try! praise the Lord! I don't think I can afford to rush this so much anymore...it's not good. cannot leave things till the last minute, then only have time to rush the urgent things, and not have time to do the ones that need to be done but aren't so urgent. ok, I should stop rambling. haha. =)

at Capers - Miner's Special! =)
dEeeLiCiouSSS...went with Jess, Jenn and YiQian to Capers one sunny afternoon for lunch. or was it cloudy? I think it was quite overcast, and quite cold too. hmm. doesn't matter. haha. =P the pancakes were GOOD! haha. and eaten with bacon, sausages and hashbrowns...ooh.*drools* oh, and you can't forget the maple syrup!!! hahaha. =) I so enjoyed my meal! and I had a hot chocolate as well, cos they ran out of cold chocolate. heh. yum yum yum!!!

the girls who make my life. =)
we're COOL...we DO LIFE TOGETHER!on Sunday after church Vivos went to Blue Sky for our lifegroup lunch. =) this is one of the photos that I'll treasure cos it's got everyone in it!!! =D our dearest Ah Ma, Jess, with her 8 grandchildren!!! from left to right: Cyn (our friendly door-greeter...hee.), Jenn ("refreshments anyone?" =P), Teresita (she's small but don't look down on her!), Ah Ma at the back ("Ah Sun's ah...what you girls doing?"), Est in front ("wo hui jiang hua yu!"), Ariel at the back (my twin! though we don't look alike. heh.), Emi in front (you go girl with your hip hop moves!), Rob ("I need glasses for far things" aka my beloved sister!), and lastly, me. haha. and we're supposed to 'absorb' another 2 more girls! hee. maybe some other time I'll have another photo. =) but for now, I love my lifegroup! I love my fellow sisters-in-Christ!

wow. that took quite long to post. haha. erm. 2 hours? haha. well, it's Anzac Day today, so no classes! spent a bit of the morning studying...well, just a bit of revision. but yeah. went 'shopping' with Jenn in the afternoon (I only managed to get 3 pairs of socks. hahaha...), then slacked for the rest of the day. now to get back to work. =) that's if I don't fall asleep before I start doing some work. haha...

oh, one more thing, my phone isn't working. haha. it's some problem with Vodafone, I can send out txts but I can't receive any...so my phone's been quiet since er...Sat night? haha. ah wells. can't do anything about it, so I've been uncontactable for a while. heh. yeah. anyways. =)

I'm happy. =)




Dear Lord, thank you that my identity does not have to be determined by the circumstances of my life. Help me to hear Your Words, put them into practice, and stand firm on Your truth. In Jesus' Name, Amen.

Romans 8:35 says, "Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or sword?"

How do you feel knowing that there is nothing you could ever do to make God stop loving you? Even if you've hurt others, once you have sought their forgiveness, you can turn to God for it as well and trust that your slate is wiped clean.


-Brain Blips, Mishaps, and Feelings of Failure
By
Lysa TerKeurst

0 Comments