this was a post I left as a draft on the 16th Mar 09, and tonight, heard this song again. such an awesome song, shall share it here.
God Of This City - Chris Tomlin
You're the God of this city
You're the King of these people
You're the Lord of this nation
You are
You're the Light in this darkness
You're the Hope to the hopeless
You're the Peace to the restless
You are
There is no one like our God
There is no one like our God
For greater things
Have yet to come
And greater things
Are still to be done in this city
For greater things
Have yet to come
And greater things
Are still to be done here
---
I thought the video done tonight was pretty good too. =)
there's something about when God is spoken about in Mandarin that makes it mean more to me although my command of the language is not that good...
heard from someone I wasn't expecting to today. but I'm not too affected by it. I just need to be careful. to not harbour feelings for another human being that might be unwanted. or to let my mind wander. because it's so easy, just too easy...
Verse of the Day
-----------
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
-nat- says:
intriguing, but i find it really hard to understand preachings in Mandarin... hmmm! your chinese muz be way better than i am!! esp the part where you have to flip the bible to the dunno what book because i totally dun catch the chinese names of the books x) HEH
ANYWAY.. nothing wrong with harbouring feelings la. juz that you gotta know not to give your everything all in one shot. putting your eggs all in one basket will hurt. but if you put it in an egg at a time after a positive affirmation it wont be that bad. (: jiayous!
May 31, 2009 11:04 am
nadia says:
wow you are so knowledgeable. thanks for the er...encouragement, although I think I need to be motivated to study rather than think about anything else. haha!
anyway, it's not preachings in mandarin, it's just like songs and spoken words. I don't think I can survive that smoothly if the whole sermon was in chinese! who said anything about my chinese being better than yours?!
June 01, 2009 11:38 am
-nat- says:
erm, you can erm, think about studying instead? haha x)
FREEZE THOUGHTS! re-direct.
re-directing....
done! (:
anyway, i wouldnt count it as knowledge but experience (: that's why i say experiencing things even though its negative isnt that bad. you learn smth from it all the time! (:
well, i still dun like chinese even if it's chinese songs or wadever. only used for communication with nainai yeye and mama :p LOL! you never know dude. you never know :p
June 01, 2009 12:52 pm
nadia says:
haha focus on studying...really need that. experience, I think I've got enough of my own already, thank you. =) I don't like communicating in chinese though, it's not my first language...
June 01, 2009 8:12 pm
-nat- says:
HAHA EXPERIENCE AND EXTRACT AND LEARN! :D
June 14, 2009 11:39 am
nadia says:
yah...learn huh.
June 15, 2009 8:42 pm