Verse of the Day

-----------
Wednesday, April 22, 2009

caesar.

not talking about Julius Caesar but Caesarean sections. spent 12 hours on birthing suite today and all I got to see was...3 C-sections. it was actually quite a good experience, assisting in a delivery. at least I was of some use.

the very first one was just awkward though, cos I never did one before that. didn't know what to do, what to expect...but we all have to start learning from somewhere. the following ones were much better, and I feel so much more experienced now.

remind me that you have to check for ovarian cysts as a routine as they are prone to torsion when the uterus is contracting down.

I was initially rostered to one lady (who eventually went on and had a NVD!!!) BUT even though she agreed to having a student, a midwife student took the case...! I was there first but...the midwives have priority, so...oh well. at least I have 2 more shifts, I shouldn't complain...

anyway.

my ears and fingers froze this morning cycling to school in the cold. it was really cold, there was frost on the grass, the minimum temperature in the past 24 hours was -1 degrees...need to find an effective way of cycling in different weather conditions: cold, wet, frosty. and get better cycling clothing.

hmm. thinking about the past, present and future when on the road...so many things, expectations, worries even. no wonder one gets down easily.

and I realised I'm not such a sentimental person anymore. in some ways, I don't treasure things as much. this part of me which wants to hold on to things has been buried, along with my dreams of ever finding what I'm looking for.


should rest early. hopefully I don't freeze again in my bed tonight.

0 Comments