think I've seen enough ERPOC's/D+C's to last me for a while...("evacuation of retained products of conception" ie. to remove whatever's left in the womb when a pregnant woman has a spontaneous incomplete miscarriage; also known as "dilatation and curettage") things just happen. people lose babies.
was on call this morning: sat around for the first part of the morning, stood around for the next part getting in pple's ways, and FINALLY was of some use as it got closer to the end of my shift. not that there wasn't anything to do, in fact it was REALLY BUSY because of everything going on spilled over from the weekend and the week before. just that I couldn't help with any of those stuff...
at least I managed to see one patient before I left. AND I became an "interpreter" for a mandarin-speaking lady who came in. she could speak no english, so I was trying to translate medical terms into chinese which was a HUGE challenge. don't even know the terms...this was similar to the situation when I was in Cardiology last year, where a woman came in with chest pain and I was asking all the questions in mandarin...I suppose it's useful that I can speak another language huh.
went for my sign language class as usual. we've finished with term 1! pple brought baking/food since it was the last class before the Easter break, and it was quite a fun session. I'm supposed to know more stuff which I do...but I forget easily too. oh well. next lesson is 27th Apr...HOPEFULLY I can still remember enough! we shall see...
and I've noticed that I'm a little more courageous to introduce myself wherever I go to whoever is there. cos it really helps when pple KNOW who you are (even if you don't know who THEY are) then when you ask them stuff they are willing to help you. haha. lost medical students...look lost, really are lost. for me anyway. slowly picking stuff up...
I've got a presentation tomorrow...haven't completed it but suddenly feel so sleepy. think I shall hit the sack now and wake up earlier to finish it...*yawn*
p.s. oh yes, daylight savings ended yesterday. now NZ's 4hrs ahead of SG. silly me totally forgot about it yesterday and felt so blur when I arrived in church an hour early when I was on for lights...what a dodo...
Verse of the Day
-----------
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 Comments
Post a Comment