so I went for Easter Camp the weekend before the one that just passed. it was good to get away for those few days, meet new people, catch up with the old. and listen about God's grace from my prev pastors. did I "meet" meet God then? I wouldn't say, not in that physically tangible sense personally. but I do know the Holy Spirit was present among us for sure, doing His work in everyone. I hope lives were touched.
and I did what I do best, take photos:
Facebook photos of Easter Camp 2009
Day 1; Day 1 Sports & Day 2; Day 3; Day 3 Sports & Baptism; Day 3 Talent Night (1); Day 3 Talent Night (2); Day 3 Talent Night (3); Day 4; Day 4 Farewell
(you have to be my FB friend before you can view the photos though)
I suppose one good thing I got from it was that I realised I have learnt to be comfortable to be myself. it's probably from the "training" I get from being in Med Sch. performing on stage is not my forte, but I do like acting, especially being silly and trying to be funny. because I know I can. and I can speak up too. say what I want to, saying it knowing that I have something important to say and people want to hear me.
it was overall a good time spent in En Hakkore. there were tears in my eyes as I said goodbye to them all, just felt so emotional.
getting back to Chch was...interesting. met up for study group meeting the next day (no I'm not quite looking forward to preparing for end-of-year exams just yet), after which caught up with Jess & James who were up from Dunners. and also got to meet up with the other Chch people whom I don't see around ofte even though we're all here - Meits, GJ, Zhou. was good company, iced chocolate and choc caramel slice. =)
speaking of chocolate...I had cravings for choc last week. finished ALL my easter eggs and choc biscuits and choc block......managed to stop after I finished my immediate supply...
the next few days after coming back from camp were spent online on FB, uploaded 475 of my 1000++ photos, tagged people in most of the photos. that took literally hours to do, due to slow Internet connection (either that or my slow laptop). and was playing Bejeweled on FB. until I discovered Hexic...then was playing that. sometimes I wonder if I don't have to study I'll be online all my waking hours playing FB/online games...
and very quickly, the week passed, just like that. did nothing "productive" this holiday basically. was meant to do so many things, like head to the hospital to scout out a patient for my Maori health assignment, write up my Ethics essay, organise my electives, study for my end-of-run OSCE, etc. BUT. oh well.
Sat night I had this sudden moment where I was debating whether I should head to church on Sun or not. strange. somehow I felt that I was rather "disconnected" as compared to when I was in Dunners, especially after coming back from camp. missed the atmosphere in Elim International Network. just can't get the same thing in Chch...
but I did go to church in the end. I would have gone whatever it was anyway. and the message by Pst Leo was good, about the big rock ie. God. using the example of how if you put sand into a container first, then when you try to fit the big rock on top of it, it doesn't fit. but if you put in the rock first, then pour the sand in, it fits!my paraphrase from that sermon was: your BIG ROCK needs to be put in first, then everything else will fall into place. definitely something to think about...
listened to the last sermon in the relationship series by Pst Kong via CHC webcast when I came home in the afternoon. really good. and I'm glad I followed the series although I missed the very first sermon way back when I first left. good tool to have when it eventually comes to finding my life partner in the future.
and it made me think...you know, what I'm looking for in my future husband, I want to see it in myself too. I want the guy who eventually spends his life with me to know that he made the right choice. that he got the best. which means I need to work on improving myself...hmm.
and it was back to school today.
something random: have you ever felt the thrill of cycling in the cold, against cool winds? it's cold at the start, but after a while of pedalling, you warm up...and you just feel so good. it's an awesome feeling, cycling. my new passion, maybe?
guess my daily cycling gives me a lot of time to think. don't really pay that much attention to the road, but the wind clears my mind. sometimes.
I still do think about those times, you know. you're right, if this had continued, further down the track something might have happened which might make both of us regret it. better to be safe than sorry right? but to completely lose a friend because of the circumstances, I suppose I have to see the bigger picture. I'm still wondering why God let us meet, what He intended me to get from this. I feel like I don't understand, but I hope one day I will...
my timetable for these 2 days are a bit more relaxed, before it picks up again. it felt so good to attend tutorials today. somehow I just wanted to learn. really strange feeling...and I was answering questions again. not that I knew a lot, and for those questions I didn't know I just felt so lost and wished I could say something! and maybe I have a thing for Oncology too? who knows...I made it through the day until the last tutorial where I dozed off during the last 20mins of class. too exhausted and used up too much brain power.
and for once I finished preparing for my presentation the day before it's due. completed it during the 2hr plus lunch break we had, and all set and ready to go for tomorrow. it's not perfect, but I hope it's enough for a pass. I'm not aiming for a Potential Distinction...just that I want to come out of it knowing I've given my best shot. we'll know the outcome soon.
hmm it just took me a long time to type this. not doing any work tonight, been feeling rather "flu-ey" today. slightly clogged up sinuses, drippy nose, headache threatening to descend (which I took prophylactic Paracetamol for). probably not enough sleep AND too much choc. we made oreo milkshake/ice cream for dessert last night and just now. yummy. before I lost my appetite...
another random thing: I bought a new bar of soap today for my bathroom. and guess what? it reminds me of the smell of my home back in SG...because I think my dad uses the same soap. hmm...it's so true smells trigger memories because both of these are associated to each other in the brain. for me, ask me what something smells like I can't tell you. but let me smell it and the memories follow...
something else random: while cycling home today I had the analogy of my walk with God like me being a dog and God being my master (not demeaning myself). how often is it that I pull on the leash and run far ahead in front, leading my own direction and "pulling" God along? demanding things from Him and wanting things my way? not being obedient? wouldn't it be better if I let my master lead the way and I follow along? how much do I know about what's ahead? or even better that the master and the dog are good companions and walk together, side by side? in synchrony, because each knows the other and have the same heart. hmm...
this is such a lengthy post. I shall stop for now.
I can't help but wonder how you're doing...
0 Comments
Post a Comment