this morning while cycling to the hospital I smelt the air and it reminded me of one of those days when I was back in Dunedin, walking to school in the morning when it had rained the night before. that familiar and somehow comforting smell...
I felt "pretty" today...although no one saw. haha. "dressed up" a little bit, changed into a skirt after arriving at the hospital. and for once I didn't have anything to rush to other than tutorials.
and surprisingly I spoke up quite a bit in tutes. asked some questions, maybe those were obvious but yeah. and gave some answers which were not the right ones...but I'm learning how to deal with answering wrongly. at least I tried and got some right. or maybe it was because there were only 6 or 7 of us at tutes, the others were away...
was going to come home early but ended up staying to watch a surgery of a patient I admitted last night on acutes. feels really weird not being attached to a team and seeing patients only when they arrive with no follow-up. but guess it was good for me to tag along and observe, need a case to write up for my presentation too. yeah.
need to learn how to "relate" to patients but not be too "friendly" because after all, I am a medical student, not any other visitor.
should have gone to sleep earlier...I think it's the tea. been drinking so much, it works to keep me awake, I'm so not sleepy right now...
Verse of the Day
-----------
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 Comments
Post a Comment