Verse of the Day

-----------
Monday, September 26, 2005

whee~ Christchurch was FUN!!!

wow. it’s been such a great weekend. it’s a pity though, that I won’t be able to relate out everything that happened on my blog here. I just don’t have the time to. I was even thinking that maybe soon I’m going to blog only if I have something to write, instead of everyday. really need to focus on studying. my exams are just around the corner...it’s too risky to slack just a bit too much and end up regretting that I didn’t study as hard as I could’ve in the end...

UMAT results came out today. well...I got home and there it was, the dreaded letter sitting on my table. argh. my adrenaline started pumping as I tried to open the letter nicely like I always do...for what? you might ask. I don’t know, it’s just a habit I guess, ‘preserving’ the envelope in the condition I got it. didn’t make it this time though, got to the last part and was so anxious I kind of ripped it. oh well. and I saw my scores, hmm...can’t say I did very well. actually, I didn’t do very well. but if you want to compare by percentile, I scored better than 75% for all 3 sections. good enough. think I’m still able to compete with all the other students. actually, now it’s more like competing with myself. I have to reach the standard that I need for my guaranteed place. I’ve set out my target...now it’s time to work towards it...

hmm...we’re on the last booklet of Biochem already, 7 more lectures not including today. and for Bio there’s around that number of lectures left too. so quick. revision mode is starting to kick in...I prefer to be alone in school...I feel anti-social. I don’t want to hang out with pple except when I’m having a break. I want to find pple when I feel like it, and be by myself the rest of the time. I can’t be bothered socialising much. so pple...forgive me if I ignore you or don’t want to talk much or stay with you guys for long. I need my own space at the moment...sort things out so that I can focus on studying. don’t mind me only for these few days I hope...

maybe I’ll talk a bit about the Christchurch(Chch) trip. there were 13 of us in 3 cars going up...and we left Dunedin on Sat morning at around 7plus. really excited...very enthusiastic, but apparently some pple slept on the trip there...cos we all had to wake up early! we got there, went to say hi to Ming’s parents at their house as well as unloading the cars cos we were sleeping over there. then went to Happy Corner to have lunch. they served Malaysian and Singaporean cuisine, all of us tried different stuff, but the guys all ate the same thing! I think it was Hakka kway teow...haha. at least they enjoyed it. the girls all tried different things...I had stir fried kway teow in chicken gravy...yummy! =) hehe...it was good. don’t get to eat much of these things here...but it still can’t compare to the real food we get to eat back home. *drool...* can’t wait to get back!!!

immediately after lunch, we went to the outskirts of Chch to play paintball! it’s a bit like laserstrike or laserforce or games of that sort, you have this ‘gun’ loaded with paint pellets and you shoot at pple. it was quite fun...the only thing was that we had to wear this camouflage overall which also kept us clean from the paint as well as a helmet. it was the helmet that was irritating though, cos when you breathed, your view kind of became fogged up. and you couldn’t take it off anytime on the playing field. so hot and sweaty cos it was a nice day...our leader, Ming, had invited his friend to play, so we had 14 pple and 7 on each team. we each had a fort, and the main aim of the game was to conquer the other team’s fort. simple as that. not really though, becos of the terrain. trees, branches and all that...it’s something like Counterstrike but in real life, though obviously we don’t have such good graphics and all that. haha...ended up it was a tie! hehe...we had fun though, shooting at each other. hmm...my aim is quite bad though, don’t think I hit anybody with any of my shots! that is terrible!!! haha....

after that, we went back to Ming’s parents’ house. didn’t have time to clean up or anything...and we were supposed to have a barbecue but the thing died on us. haha...so Aunty ended up grilling the food and cooking it indoors. Ming’s brother’s cell group (I think) was invited to dinner too, but they were working adults, though they did laugh along with us some of the time. haha...didn’t really do a lot that night, and we didn’t have our last G12! quite sad...cos there won’t be any more of the small cell groups for the rest of the year becos of the uni exams. and Alice won’t be here next year! boo hoo...=( oh well. the guys had set up a big tent outside when we got back from playing paintball, and so all of us slept outside, except for the drivers. it wasn’t that cold inside the tent, partly becos we were huddled in our sleeping bags. ended up only nodding off at around 2am, after taking a late shower at 1am! haha. but I got up at 5.45am!!! I know it’s ridiculous. I was taking photos of  my G12 sleeping. hehe. speaking of which, I have lots of photos guys! hehehe...

I went back to sleep after running around the tent like 5 times (what?!?) to warm myself up. it was actually quite cold outside. the tent was the big, sturdy kind, and there were 10 of us in there with spaces to spare...ok, so I dozed off again, only to wake up at 7plus when everyone else got up. (ok, wait, I was just supposed to give a brief description of the trip! why am I telling the whole story?) yah...we went to City New Life Church, and although I don’t really like the church that much, the sermon was quite good. and I didn’t fall asleep! very tired though. and wasn’t in much mood to socialise. went to Foo San Restaurant to have dim sum for lunch...me, Cyn and Rach only spent like $4.30 each! haha...we weren’t hungry and between the 3 of us, we only had 4 dishes. haha...I’m surprised too. walked through Riccarton Mall (or is it Westfield?) and it seemed as though I was back in S’pore. haha...

we didn’t really have a lot of time, so went back, got our stuff then left Christchurch. stopped by Cookie Time and we all bought the broken cookies! quite cheap...and pple go there must buy one. haha...I bought 1 packet too, but I can’t eat it now cos I’m on the verge of losing my voice. don’t know why. then we went on the long trip back. I enjoyed the trip there and back on the car, cos we were singing songs! so fun...haha. but on the way back was so tired, didn’t really sing that much. stopped at KFC at Timaru for dinner to celebrate Alice’s birthday, and we only got back to Dunedin (finally!) at 10plus. phew. and I was even fetched back home! many thanks to Martin! hehe...yup. and so that concludes my ‘shortened’ version of the trip. haha...I won’t mind doing it again...but next time we should have more time instead of being so rushed...yah. my G12’s just a great bunch of pple to hang out with though! so glad I met you pple!!! =)

okie...it’s way past my bedtime. still haven’t recovered from the lack of sleep yet. and I’m aching all over from running during paintball! it shows how unfit I am...oh, tmr still having lectures. I better go...*yawn...*

“how long more is it going to be? am I still going to wait...?”

0 Comments