Verse of the Day

-----------
Saturday, August 20, 2005

you know what? I'm not satisfied...

hmm...I really mean what I just said. after reading quite a few pple's blogs, there's so many things I just want to do right now...and for most of them, it's not practical. I don't know anymore...hmm...

didn't blog yesterday...had a really intensive day. Bio lab in the morning, it was quite good, I learnt quite a bit of stuff. it's like I've been sitting through lectures, highlighting stuff but not being bothered to take down any notes. and what I learn from the day, it's forgotten by the next lecture. my previous lecturer always gave us some questions from the lecture the day before to go through at the start of each lecture, and for most part of it, I just stared at the screen blankly. there's just so much new stuff, and I keep on reprimanding myself about how I should take learning as an enjoyment rather than a chore, yet the outcome's like this. hmm...

had a good lunch with Rach after that. we were sitting outside the Burns building eating our sandwiches in the cold! it was quite chilly, but then I thought maybe why not just sit outside. how often do we do that anyway? yah...and so we did. then went for Bio lecture, it's a new lecturer, she's quite ok. I don't have much to say about my lecturers anyway...yup. and after that, we parted our ways. I had to meet up my future flatmates for a discussion. and I was just calculating, I won't save much if I stay in a flat. the only thing I guess is the convenience. then I got quite a few things done, which was quite good. went to the Red Cross Society at York Place to register for my first aid course. you know it costs $85.50! and it's going to be 2 longs days...8.30am till 5pm of first aid training. and it's next Sat and Sun. and so...this time next week, I won't be here using the com on campus...hmm...

after I settled that, I went to the chemist and bought my prescription cream. my skin's quite dry, went to ask the doctor about it (as well as for the blood tests) and got some 'medication' which I don't think will help that much. but oh well. hopefully I can claim for that. haven't made use of my insurance this year yet...but I am going to soon. cos I made an appointment at the optometrists follwing that. it's going to be another $50 gone...things are so ex around here...

I had a miscommunication about who was going for the talk at Elim last night, and I kept texting Alice...one minute saying that I was going, then the next minute saying sorry I couldn't make it, and a while later saying could she please get me a ticket! oh man...I don't want to give the impression that I'm such an indecisive person (which I know I am sometimes and it's not very good but I can't help it)...ended up Rach said she could come along with her bro and his friend, so I went and yah...

it was so hot in the middle of the afternoon that I went and bought ice-cream! caramel fudge...yummy! hehe...

met up with a couple of homegroup pple at the Central Library at 3 plus. don't see them that often now that we're just having our small lifegroups. I know it's better to fellowship in a small group, but I miss homegroup. hmm...then went with Yvette for Biochem lecture at 4. talked a bit to her...she might seem quiet, but when we're talking about relevant stuff, she has things to say. and I think I used to be like that. Mark Twain once said, "It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt." I think it's true...Associate Professor Clive Trotman gave his last lecture today. I think he's cool. going to miss having him as our lecturer...

didn't know what to do after Biochem, came to the library. Paul and Jacob found me just after I came, so didn't have time to blog. went with them to New World, and I bought a packet of chocolate biscuits when I know I can't eat them soon. I've not yet fully recovered from my cold! and seems like there's a 24-hr bug going on in my homestay again. so far 2 kids have gotten it. and I don't wanna get it but I guess inevitably I'll get it soon...

went to Friendly with Jacob for dinner...felt weird. haha...cos Paul had to leave, he went home to eat. then left the 2 of us. just felt weird. 2 pple at the table. I'm more used to many pple eating and talking. hmm...it was just weird. hmm...

came back to the library after eating, didn't have time to blog. saw Paul again, but he had a group meeting. it's like everyone's quite worked up about English! I'm glad I took it last semester. all the best to those peeps out there working hard for it!

Ian McCormack came to speak last night at Elim. he gave his testimony of how he got stung by jellyfish, died and experienced hell and heaven before coming back to earth again. it was good to hear him speak. lots of pple came...I even saw Aaron there too. and there were quite a few pple who gave their lives to the Lord..=) you know, that guy Ian, he was an atheist and a heathen just before he died, but God have him a chance to commit his life to Him on his 'deathbed' in the ambulance. I don't know how to give his testimony here again...but it's amazing what God can do. so to my Christian friends reading this, don't get discouraged and keep praying for your unsaved family and friends...He hears our prayers if it comes from the heart. and to those who don't believe in God or doubt Christianity, I just want to say that there's more to Christianity than religion. I might not be a very good example of how a Christian should be, nor would many others be, but don't judge Christianity by us. I'm not going to preach here. I'll stop and let you make up your minds by yourselves...

hmm...was intending to blog when I got home, but was so tired. and I've just spent 1hr writing this entry. wow. that's long. but I've got to go flat-hunting now. yup. and I've got G12 later! Rach's coming along again, and I'm glad she wants to join us. we're growing...and I hope we'll grow more. that's the way it was meant to be...

"3 more months, and it'll be over..."

0 Comments