who/what is a role model?
a person whom someone looks up to as an example to follow.
a leader who guides people along.
a trend-setter.
you admire this person for the qualities they possess, the choices they make, the actions they carry out.
and most of the time, all these would be positive.
maybe there was once I would have qualified as a role model.
it started all the way back in primary school and was there till the end of secondary school.
chosen as a subject monitress, class monitress, and even a prefect.
not forgetting being vice captain then captain of each division of my CCA.
study-wise I didn't do too badly either.
did my homework, passed my tests and exams, got into a good class.
graduated with quite a number of distinctions too.
the teachers must have seen something in me...
a good example for others to follow?
a leader to lead the others?
someone trustworthy and responsible?
but what have I got to show for myself now?
what have I achieved so far?
what kind of example am I setting to people around me?
I'd say it's quite different from back in those days.
there's many instances of negativity.
and the "role model" title is no longer appropriate.
what has happened?
I've got this unsettled feeling within...
anger, annoyance, frustration.
somehow, the pieces don't seem to fit anymore.
Verse of the Day
-----------
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 Comments
Post a Comment