Verse of the Day

-----------
Thursday, July 02, 2009

so you think you know?

reading about people's lives on blogs is one thing.
getting to know someone in person is another.
maybe I'll just keep to my online persona...


I feel helpless for the patients who have delusions that the whole world is out to get them, and everyone is turning against them. the thing is, they don't have insight into their condition, and well, they can't see that they're unwell.

psychiatrists have the "worst" job of being the ones "hated" by the patients because they're the ones "forcing" them to be in the hospital "for their own good". the patients can't see that no, it's not that we're not listening to them, and no, we're not treating them for something they don't have, because in fact they have a mental illness.

ever watched the show A Beautiful Mind? portrays someone with a mental illness really well. the guy had schizophrenia and imagined things that were real to him, yet reality was that none of it was real, it was all in his mind. think I might want to watch it sometime again.

managed to do a bit of reading for psych tonight, until I got distracted by coming online. still haven't touched Biochem. argh. need to devise a method where I can concentrate on studying and FOCUS ON MY NOTES, not the Internet.

4 Comments


  1. -nat- says:

    you could erm. NOT be near your computer! x)

    July 03, 2009 9:08 am

  2. -nat- says:

    OH. and you're making me have another session of second thoughts to being a psychiatrist!!! O.o AH! but wait (: psychologists arent psychiatrist (: hahaha. phew (:

    July 03, 2009 9:13 am

  3. nadia says:

    clinical psychologists do quite a bit of work with psych patients too, just that they don't prescribe stuff I think.

    July 03, 2009 6:53 pm

  4. -nat- says:

    THANKS ARH. but at least i dun have to rem all those medicines and what they treat (:

    July 04, 2009 12:52 pm